Monday, February 16, 2009

Infinite possibility

can suck.
When it brings
eternal uncertainty, along with it.

Without fail, there's always something I mess up, and another barrier is enforced. Never stop to wonder how hard it is to do the things that I actually do right. Where is the reward in trying my best? Where is the motivation for trying, if every time I fail it's another slash in my freedom?
~
All of these dreams in my head keep spinning round,
I'm grabbing my paper and pencil to pin 'em down.
I'll sketch my world as a prettier place,
Draw myself with a smiley face,
And make this picture perfect.

But all of these lines on my page won't mean anything
Until I learn to erase the ones that I don't need.
I'm covering up the stupid mistakes
Starting over and over again,
To make this picture perfect.

I'll start with where I'm standing now
And begin shaping where I want to be
No one can tear my picture down
Because it's me.
And as long as I'm still proud
Of this self portrait I'm creating,
I'm doing fine.

Every now and again someone comes along,
They try to box me into a corner I've drawn.
But pushing the walls down and struggling free,
makes me strong so I can keep,
making this picture perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tori said...

You are the best thing that's ever happened to me.