Tuesday, March 17, 2009

when life gives you lemons, relish every last morsel

I look at my torn feet and wonder,
is it worth it?
I see the stains on your shirt,
and the tears in mine and ask myself,
is it worth it?
I hear people laugh, wrapped up in their world,
cautiously I wonder,
is it worth it?
I watch them whisper and I'm
scared to explain,
that when I see you smile my eyes laugh,
when I watch you sparkle,
my mouth can't seem to say what
I know.

It is worth it.

Just like that last drip of ice cream left on your spoon is.
Just like that rain during math class was.
Just like that pressed flower from your 3rd grade love is.
Just like that out loud laughter you tried to prevent was.
Just like that mistake that perfected your ego is.
Just like that one moment was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.