Wednesday, October 7, 2009

it takes two to whisper quietly

Here comes that feeling again. All I had to do was stand in the cold, wait for my ride, think of you. Time passing so incredibly slow. The stars mocked my obsessive intensity while I'm all alone. Laying on the grass is my Chemistry textbook, unfinished homework hanging in the back of my distracted mind. I lie down next to it and rub my freezing hands against each other. Curl up in a ball. Close my eyes. Send a mental text to my dad to hurry. My jacket's too thin. It's always too thin. School's too long. A month is too long. Three weeks is much much too long. I sit up trying to remember the lyrics to that song, so that I can relate it to us. I imagine the bushes move. I imagine a dark figure stepping from behind them and towards me. I smile at nothing and the stars begin mocking again. I shiver back into reality and forget what I was doing laying on the grass in the first place. The lyrics don't work even when I change them. I look over my shoulder at the vacated parking lot every so often wondering if anyone is laughing at my cracking voice, humming as soft as I can. But only the stars are laughing. For some reason lay back down and look right up at my mocker. And I stop singing. I start to cry. I cry as soft as I can manage. Silly, silly, silly. I stop myself before the stars notice. I put my hood on to protect my sensitive ears and
wait
wait
wait.

3 comments:

Ruthaaay said...

This is beautiful.
He shall be there soon.
:D

Marmee said...

OK OK, we will try to be more punctual...I get the message. ;)

Tori said...

Lol. Forrreal. I wait foreeever. :(
:'(