Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It's about time


I was spinning circles
chasing shadows
haunted by the ghost of a chance
that you might want me.
Now I can't tell
I fooled myself
and chose someone else
to play the part that I can't be.
I went to far
fell to fast to stop
and handed you my heart
just to see you drop it.

I loved where now I ache
nothing like a burn
snap me awake to a fresh start
I won't break apart again.
Tick-tock start the clock anew
knock that pedestal
out from beneath you
and get you off my mind,
it's about time.

I saw you as a trophy
I was set on winning.
You changed the game
bent the rules
and shot down my pride.
I've gone without you this long
even if I had won
the shine would probably hurt my eyes
and I've been blind
wanting what I see not knowing
what's behind your charm
now the truth is showing...

5 comments:

taylor elaine said...

i like it. A LOT.
it's kinda sad though...but then again, that's why i like it. :)

hey, i found this amoung some papers today...i don't know when i wrote it:

people think they've got me
figured out
they don't understand me
i'll just rip through the pins
that hold me down
and fly away with
torn wings
hurt myself just to
show them


depressing huh??

Tori said...

oh, this is a song. but that is a sad little bit of words you got there. I've heard something like that about torn wings before and I really liked it. Sometimes depressing poetry, or whatever you want to call it, is more interesting and accurate. Picture perfect words can get over done.

thanks for commenting...:D

Madison Bertrand said...

hi tori!

Tori said...

hi madison!

Tori said...

hi madison!