Sunday, August 2, 2009

because it's true, Emily.

I'm confused. :/ There is so much influence out there. There are so many unique opinions and ideas. Recently, an old friend of mine sent me an email trying to convince me that I have let religion rule my life, unnecessarily. I have certain beliefs that she doesn't agree with at all. And that is really, really hard. It is way hard to keep her as a friend, especially now. She likes me but she thinks that the church takes away from my personality. They weren't kidding when they said life would be hard. Or that the influence of Satan would try to change our minds. It was so easy for me to try and brush off things that seem "unusual" or even crazy. It's so easy to get confused. My friend started saying how I grew up in the church so I know nothing else. But I know what else. I know what the world is, and I know what I would be in it. There are beautiful principles that I believe in. If she thinks that they interfere with my personality, than that makes me sad. But I do know that family is forever, that Heavenly Father watches and listens, that the scriptures are inspired, and I love it so much. I love all of it. It is so very very true, and it is the same no matter where I am in the world. I wanna scream out loud to my friend, Emily Dison, it IS true, and I could never deny it. Not for anything. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints makes me deeply happy. :) The goodness of it is infallible, and it is my life.

No comments: