Saturday, June 2, 2007

fantasies and little blue boxes

In the sweetest dreams I've ever known
I could barely glimpse the love like you have shown
I'm not sure I'll ever see
why you've given all this love you have to me.

cuz I'd have given all i have
volenteered for any task
just to feel the love like yours
but I never had to ask

you were there when everyone was gone
led me to a lovely place where I belong
even though I never said a word
was there something in my aching heart you heard?

and I'd have begged to owe my life
on my knees and broken glass
for these moments in your light
but I never had to ask

it's almost like your mind can read my heart
and your listeniing to my secret prayer
even when I'm lost if we're apart
I'll feel your love like you're near

I've questioned all my life
if a love can last
since you've now emcompassed me
I will never have to ask

When it seems like all of your fantasies are becoming reality, it is then that your dreams have to be crushed and you know that your perfect life was not meant to be. That's when out from the ashes, the most spectacular thing in the whole wide world happens, and everything you lost you gain back with even more.

I look at my torn feet and ask, was it worth it?
I see the stains on your shirt
and the marks on mine and I wonder, was it worth it?
I watch you're light, and feel you're honesty
and I know
it was worth it.
every last bit.

Is it possible for a perfect life to get ten times more perfect?

No comments: