Monday, June 11, 2007

Congraduations: Most Female Athlete

It took me a long time to get the foam, hairspray, silly string, and bobby pins out of my hair.
But it was worth it.

I graduated from the 8th grade last night. With honors! haha I was the "most female athlete" That's right! Not the best, but the most. What can I say, I'm ALL girl. ;) I actually felt like I was graduating from cooking school. Though I didn't have it as bad as Levi, who looked like a french cook with his moustache and a little too short gown...those caps (round puffy chef hats) and gowns (Irish pilgrim dresses) were pretty bad. But I guess that made it all the more fun. I had about 50 leis painstakingly pulled over my enormous hat by the end, and for the first time, I felt a sadness that school was over. Being a home school geek all my life, I hadn't ever really felt that feeling of leaving classmates. Now a LISS geek, I had to deal with a little more of that. It's kinda like the feeling after you've been in a play. You got through something with amazing people that could get a little trying sometimes. I always thought 8th grade graduation was kinda pointless, growing up in a country that normally doesn't celebrate it, but despite the silly string in my hair, (at least I didn't eat it in hopes that it was whipped cream like Maryana did) I'm glad I had it. Thanks to everyone who came! GO TIGERS!!

I'm officially a freshy now! Ready world? WOOHOO!

rock on!

No comments: